Welcome - Pain Management Jacksonville Florida
Welcome to Sunshine Spine & Pain, PA, Jacksonville Florida's premiere Spine & Pain treatment center. Sunshine Spine & Pain was formed in 2005 by Dr. Arkam Rehman who used his training and experience to offer the best quality clinical care available to patients in the North Florida area. Now with a team of about 20 Staff Members and Clinical Providers and a Network of Clinics Spread all over Jacksonville, we are busy serving the local and other "nearby states" community needs to help people eliminate or manage their ongoing spine and general musculo-skeletal pain problems. With a team of Compassionate Physician, Nurse Practitioners, and a two Physician Assistants specializing in all aspects of spine care, we have been offering the residents of Florida and beyond, access to most modern Minimally Invasive Spine Care including but not limited to the following:
- - Specialized targeted Spinal Injections
- - Nerve Radiofrequency procedures
- - Modern and advanced Cool Radiofrequency procedure for treating sacro-illiac joint, Thoracic and post spinal surgery painful conditions of the mid, lower back and sacroilliac joint areas.
- - Radiofrequency treatment of the degenerative painful discs done via Needles (Disc Biacuplasty) procedure
- - The IDET (Intra-Discal Electro-thermal Annuloplasty) procedure
- - Laser Disc Decompression (ANNULOPLASTY) procedure
- - Spinal Cord Stimulator trials for patients where that is considered to be the indicated intervention thus offering a wide range of services to the patients. Typical patients benefitting from Spinal Cord Stimulator are patients with failed spinal surgeries, patients with rib pain from Chest-Tube placement/ Shingles etc, post Plastic Surgery Painful conditions, and other general lower back and sciatica problems and neuropathy pain etc.
Technology We Use
Sunshine Spine & Pain, PA main office is located in the state of the art Baptist Medical Center South Campus, in Medical Office Building II where we do advanced in house procedures. The state of the art 100% electronic hospital offers modern MRI, CT scanning, and rehabilitation services and the local Marriott inn offers a pleasant and elegant convenient location adjacent to the clinic to serve the Spine Center's travelling patient needs immediately adjacent to the spine center. The present three locations in Jacksonville have a total square footage of more than 5,000 square feet. We have in house modern X ray equipment at two of our locations to help the Physicians do spinal procedures with least waiting period as possible to make it convenient for the patients who are in pain and need help fast.
Where surgery is indicated, we work with teams of experienced Orthopedic and Neuro-Spine surgeons in Jacksonville area where we can coordinate care so that if the patient is deemed surgical, we can refer them to the best trained and experienced spine surgeons with a proven track record who use the MINIMALLY INVASIVE approach, wherever thats possible, to do what we refer to in simple lay terms as ARTHROSCOPIC DISC DECOMPRESSIONS with Microscopes and Metryx Tube System thus giving superior results and faster recovery.
We use advanced Neurodiagnostic testing with EMG's and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCV's) in house and with local neurologists to help localized if a single nerve root is causing the SCIATICA, where multiple disc herniations etc are present, to do the most focused minimally invasive procedures that increases the injection success rates significantly thus simplifying spine care and avoi ding the shot gun therapy used blindly in many other clinics thus giving us an edge in patient satisfaction regarding pain relief.
We also offer regular and most advanced Cool Radiofrequency equipment that has helped revolutionize the non surgical care of Sacroilliac injuries, and Failed spinal surgeries and other conditions such as from Auto Accidents and other spine related injuries.
We use therapeutic medical massage, mostly covered by health insurances, for in house spine & fibromyalgia etc pain control, using a very skilled massage therapist.